Thursday 12 September 2013

Part 2 some of August and a little September

Still here, watching the weather goings on in the Atlantic, we have everything crossed that nothing bothers us here.

I decided some of the blogs are just too big and I'm always taking photo's
so here are a few more and some news snippets.

It was Peters birthday
Peters birthday cake

This duck was hiding her chicks under a car, well it was raining

Yuk, raw oysters, Don loves them
Our friends Stroma and Geoff
I went shopping with Stroma and found these "Smurf pants" are people really that big?
Stroma is holding them up
Horace the Hawk - failure
Hmm, he failed miserably only 10 minutes or so before the birds returned so we did give him another week before I sent him back to his box.
I decided we were not going to be bombed by birds all the time so plan B was to send Don up the mast and wave and shout at them but he declined. 
So plan C, we had a small drybag, bright green, I cut out 4 eyes from some shiny silver duck tape then drew around the eyes in black to look like eyes. Then I drew a beak on each side in black, silly me they are upside down, the bags was stuffed with plastic bags then fastened to the topping lift and hoisted to the top of the mast.
Hey presto it seems to be working, as its light enough to be blown about in very little wind I guess either the eyes or the upside down beaks are scaring them, all I can say is "watch this space" When we take it down I will take a picture so you can see it, someone said I should make them and sell them on E-Bay.

Back soon

BFN
Don and Glenys
Agua Therapy



No comments:

Post a Comment